Support Questions

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2007 at 11:22 PM
Post any questions you have about the EFS Assistant here. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Sep 5, 2007 at 10:13 PM
Hi,

We want to install EFS Assistant using Group Policy, but don't see how to change the default installation without an MST file. We would like to accomplish the following, but through GP instead of command line.

msiexec /qn -i EFSAssistant.msi REPORT=1 SHORTCUTS=1

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Nov 2, 2007 at 1:33 AM
EFS Assistant crashes everytime I try and run it on one of my machines (XP Tablet, SP2, all patches)
Any ideas? If you need me to do anything in order to help troubleshoot this issue, please let me know.

Thanks!

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 11/1/2007
Time: 6:44:23 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SYNTH
Description:
Application popup: EFSAssistant.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services : Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x37c (892), Thread id=0x14e4 (5348).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Nov 7, 2007 at 8:38 PM
EFS Assistant does not encript files I get an erro in the application log that reads:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: EFS Assistant
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1011
Date: 11/7/2007
Time: 3:00:23 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SWN89501
Description:
Failed to write/update classification details to WMI. Error message Invalid namespace .

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Jun 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Has anyone figured out some solution for EFS Assistant.exe crashing issue. We have several machines with this issue.

Aug 13, 2009 at 8:51 PM
Paulab wrote:
Hi,

We want to install EFS Assistant using Group Policy, but don't see how to change the default installation without an MST file. We would like to accomplish the following, but through GP instead of command line.

msiexec /qn -i EFSAssistant.msi REPORT=1 SHORTCUTS=1

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Was this ever answered?  I would like to do the same thing.

Nov 30, 2009 at 7:09 PM

I opened up the following work item regarding windows 7 support of EFS Assistant but have not heard about it. I'm assuming the binaries would run on Windows 7 though the msi package is checking for the particular OA version information and stops since Win7 does not equal XP or Vista.

http://www.codeplex.com/EFSAssistant/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=10732

Feb 22, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Hi ejarosek. Did you manage to get this to work / resolve the issue??

Just to let you know that I had the same issue when trying to get EFS Assistant to run on Windows 7.

I managed to resolve it by typing "mofcomp EFSAssistantResults.mof" from the Windows\System32 folder.

This command basically adds the EFS Assistant namespace data into the WMI repository.

Hope this helps.