Any plans to update EFS Assistant for Windows 7?

Sep 2, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Windows 7 is now available from Microsoft, but the EFS Assistant install won't allow you to install it on Windows 7.  Are there any plans to allow it to install on Windows 7 or make any other future updates to it?  The GPO templates would need to be updated for Windows 7 too.

Thanks

Oct 6, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I second that question as well. We're looking at windows 7 and noticed this issue the other day.

Feb 12, 2010 at 3:59 PM

I managed to get EFS Assistant working on Windows 7.

I had to create a new MSI package by installing the EFS Assistant on Windows Vista & doing a snapshot of before & after using Wininstall LE.

The only think the install routine didnt do was to add the WMI information, which I did after the installation by typing "mofcomp EFSAssistantResults.mof" from the Windows\System32 folder.

Let me know if you want a copy of the MSI file.

Feb 22, 2010 at 6:41 PM

We were able to as well, but another group within my company handled it, so I’m not sure what he did, but we can certainly take a look at it… Thanks !!

Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 11:00 AM
To: Sowell, Bryan S [IT]
Subject: Re: Any plans to update EFS Assistant for Windows 7? [EFSAssistant:67739]

I managed to get EFS Assistant working on Windows 7.

I had to create a new MSI package by installing the EFS Assistant on Windows Vista & doing a snapshot of before & after using Wininstall LE.

The only think the install routine didnt do was to add the WMI information, which I did after the installation by typing "mofcomp EFSAssistantResults.mof" from the Windows\System32 folder.

Let me know if you want a copy of the MSI file.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (EFSAssistant@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email EFSAssistant@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

This e-mail may contain Sprint Nextel Company proprietary information intended for the sole use of the recipient(s). Any use by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.
Sep 23, 2010 at 11:44 AM
Edited Sep 23, 2010 at 11:45 AM

No news about EFS Assistant for Windows 7 ?

Sep 25, 2010 at 7:04 PM

I can't speak for those of the project members who are still with Microsoft, but for me (having been out of MSFT for a few years) this isn't a high priority, no.    Sorry - if there's any project that will get a few hours of my spare time, it'll be CacheMyWork (which gets a lot more downloads and press attention than this app) or a microblogging client for Community Server (which I've been speculating about for a while).